Eye Care Expert Forum
Throbbing in left eye

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Throbbing in left eye
I have the strangest throbbing sensation in my left eylid. Its like a series of quick knocks on the corner of my left eyelid. It is not painful but just very very annoying. It started couple of months ago and occured randomly but now continuesly. Can anyone tell me what this is? I am worried about this.
No idea but suggest seeing your personal physician.

JCH III MD
I searched this when I, just now, began experiencing the same sensation.  Like you, it is also occurring in my left eyelid.  Look at this link from another medical site.  It put me at ease, and I hope it does you as well.  I hope mine does not continue...

http://www.mikewyn.com/medicdata/FIT/spasm.htm
-