Eye Care Expert Forum
Tiny bubbles in my vision
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Tiny bubbles in my vision

Posted by Cara on August 07, 1999 at 10:47:47
As long as I can remember I have these tiny little bubbles (about 20 in all) in the vision of my left eye which are permanent.  I can only see them when I'm looking at large white or light colored surfaces.  My vision is perfect and I've never had any troubles with my eyes ...what are these bubbles and should I have them checked out by a optometrist?
Also sometimes I see tiny little white flashes as if a star twinkled in my eyes ...is this related or is it another matter all toghether?
Thanks you,
Cara

Posted by HFHS MD-JL on August 07, 1999 at 13:03:53
You are likely describing floaters which are little opacities in the vitreous cavity in the back of the eye.  These are not uncommon.  The fact that you are having light flashes assoc with these are a little worrisome and I would recommend you see your ophthalmologist for evaluation to rule out a retinal tear or detachment.  I would see someone real soon just to make ssure things are OK.  They will see you the same day.
This information was provided for educational purposes only.
HFHS MD-JL