Eye Care Community
Tiny bump on my eyeball

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Tiny bump on my eyeball

This morning when I was washing the sleep out of my eyes I could feel something in my eye. I thought, maybe it is  an eyelash, maybe lint, cat hair, who knows. Turns out it is a tiny little bump in the white part my eyeball. It has no color and they only way I can see it is if I look over to the right really close to the mirror. It does not move. I tried to kinda gently "scrape" it off but it won't move. It doesn't hurt, but it is annoying the **** out of me. I have never had eye problems. I do not wear glasses. I am freaking out, is it going to get bigger? I don't want to run to the doctor if it is nothing, but if it doesn't go away in a few days, I guess I will have to. Any comments will be appreciated. Thanks!!
I am a community leader here, not a doctor. I am also an experienced eye patient. Welcome to our community

The doctor will advise you.

I encourage you to follow up with us, and to respond to other community members, so that all of us can help each other learn about our eye care.
If it doesn't hurt, you vision isn't bad and it doesn't get bigger its not likely serious. It could be a cyst of the conjunctiva.  If it changes see an eye MD

Relax.

JCH III MD