Tired Eyes and Double Vision
Can you please provide me with some possibilities of chronic eye diseases that causes both of the above referenced disorders that sometimes result to blindness.  My finance has been experiencing both symptoms for about two-three years. He has been to several optometriists who have not been able to conclude on his condition.  His vision is worst each year and he is very concern of the possibility of going blind.  He is now scheduled to see a specialist within the next week but we are now agressively doing research to obtain as much information to be prepared for the final conclusions and to compare recommended treatments.

Any advice you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
It seems a little premature to start looking for conditions that cause "blindness."  Your question is so very vague - you could pick up an ophthalmology textbook and just go chapter by chapter.  Now specifically if you are looking for conditions that can cause double vision and tired or droopy eyes then consider astigmatism, myasthenia gravis, thyroid disease, diabetes, hypertension just for starters.  Make sure your fiance sees a board-certified ophthalmologist for a complete eye evaluation.  Then when you have at least some information you both will feel much better and hopefully everything will able to be corrected.

Michael Kutryb, MD
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.