Eye Care Expert Forum
Tired Eyes and Faster Blinking

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Tired Eyes and Faster Blinking
Hi, For the last several months (around 8-9 months) I am having a strange problem in my eyes. Despite taking good sleep I feel like my eyes are tired plus I feel a little hotness in my eyes and I have to blink much-much faster to relieve my eyes.

About six months ago I consulted an Eye Specialist and he told me that this could be due to longer sitting hours on computer so his advice was to take short breaks whiles working but this has not helped me and the problem is as it was.

Please advice!!
I agree with your doctor, plus use artificial tears. Eat lots of omega rich food or supplements and keep your eyelids very clean with baby shampoo to the outer eyelids.
Best of luck,
Timothy D. McGarity, M.D