Eye Care Community
Tired eyes after cataract surgery -why?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Tired eyes after cataract surgery -why?

71 yr old female, general good health
I had two  cataract surgeries  june 11 & 25 - IOL's implanted for 'distance' only  - vision currently 20/20 -- i will still need an Rx glasses  for astigmatism/intermediate/close correction.
       my only 'complaint' (not really complaining considering so far i am trouble-free & seeing fantastic distance after a lifetime of severe nearsighteness) is most of the day my eyes feel 'tired '(for want of a better description) ..almost a 'full-feeling'/awareness they're 'there' in my eyesockets ...no pain, no itching, no watering and i do use preservative-free artifical tears as needed.
      ... i'm weaning off Econopred on the 6/11 eye - still on Vigamax/Accular/Econopred on 6/25 eye but also weaning those drops.
         i do use the computer frequently and it 'is' an LCD screen (read your other post) ...
         Question:  is what i described 'possibly' from the lack of having my Rx-glasses in place - i realize you can't diagnose but just curious for any imput - many thanks.
Related Discussions
8 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
this is a PS from 'poster' of this question:
         i noticed after i posted originally, i decided to wear  the post-operative dark glasses that are 'wrap-arounds while inside my home ...they felt so soothing !
         Even tho i'm inside the house a great deal, due to many large windows/doors there is an over-abundance of bright sun light streaming in constantly , so hopefully the 'bright lite' is a contributing factor?
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
Your problem could be from the healing process, dry eyes or not having your final glasses RX yet.

JCH MD
Blank
thank you very much !!!  you have relieved my mind greatly ..i am also using a lubricantby Novartis - GenTeal  in the 'mild' formula  but I  could step-up to the the 'moderate-range forumla from the same company --even tho i don't have the problems associated with that formula (significant burning/mucous dischrge/redness/itching) is the anything to be gained  in the ''it couldn't hurt category'  by using the next step up by the company ... 'moderate' dry eye formula .  Again thank you !!!
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
No problem trying their moderate or severe formulas

JCH MD
Blank
""No problem trying their moderate or severe formulas ""
------------------------------------------------------
Thank you again for your wonderful help and patient replies to my many questions and i apologize for the  'typo's in my post(s) .... (guess that proves i do need the  glasses !     :)
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
I'm the king of typos

JCH MD
Blank
  :)      
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
-
Blank
Post a Comment
To