Aa
A
A
Close
Tired eyes after cataract surgery -why?
71 yr old female, general good health
I had two  cataract surgeries  june 11 & 25 - IOL's implanted for 'distance' only  - vision currently 20/20 -- i will still need an Rx glasses  for astigmatism/intermediate/close correction.
       my only 'complaint' (not really complaining considering so far i am trouble-free & seeing fantastic distance after a lifetime of severe nearsighteness) is most of the day my eyes feel 'tired '(for want of a better description) ..almost a 'full-feeling'/awareness they're 'there' in my eyesockets ...no pain, no itching, no watering and i do use preservative-free artifical tears as needed.
      ... i'm weaning off Econopred on the 6/11 eye - still on Vigamax/Accular/Econopred on 6/25 eye but also weaning those drops.
         i do use the computer frequently and it 'is' an LCD screen (read your other post) ...
         Question:  is what i described 'possibly' from the lack of having my Rx-glasses in place - i realize you can't diagnose but just curious for any imput - many thanks.
Cancel
8 Answers
Page 1 of 1
this is a PS from 'poster' of this question:
         i noticed after i posted originally, i decided to wear  the post-operative dark glasses that are 'wrap-arounds while inside my home ...they felt so soothing !
         Even tho i'm inside the house a great deal, due to many large windows/doors there is an over-abundance of bright sun light streaming in constantly , so hopefully the 'bright lite' is a contributing factor?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
233488_tn?1310696703
Your problem could be from the healing process, dry eyes or not having your final glasses RX yet.

JCH MD
Comment
Cancel
233488_tn?1310696703
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
thank you very much !!!  you have relieved my mind greatly ..i am also using a lubricantby Novartis - GenTeal  in the 'mild' formula  but I  could step-up to the the 'moderate-range forumla from the same company --even tho i don't have the problems associated with that formula (significant burning/mucous dischrge/redness/itching) is the anything to be gained  in the ''it couldn't hurt category'  by using the next step up by the company ... 'moderate' dry eye formula .  Again thank you !!!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
233488_tn?1310696703
No problem trying their moderate or severe formulas

JCH MD
Comment
Cancel
233488_tn?1310696703
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
""No problem trying their moderate or severe formulas ""
------------------------------------------------------
Thank you again for your wonderful help and patient replies to my many questions and i apologize for the  'typo's in my post(s) .... (guess that proves i do need the  glasses !     :)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
233488_tn?1310696703
I'm the king of typos

JCH MD
Comment
Cancel
233488_tn?1310696703
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
  :)      
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
233488_tn?1310696703
-
Comment
Cancel
233488_tn?1310696703
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Tired eyes after cataract surgery -why?
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703