Tissue growth on inside corner of eye
My son has a growth of red tissue in the inside corner of his eye.  He has gone to the eye doctor and is currently being treated for an eye infection.  We have been told that if this treatment does not work he will have to see a specialist.  The growth does not seem to be attached to the eye.  His eye itches, has a pus like substance in it.  Can someone tell me what this is and what the treatment would possibly be.  We are very concerned that he will have to have surgery to remove it.  Just since Friday I can tell it has grown more.
Anything that grows that fast is more likely to be infectious or inflammatory than tumor tissue. He should be seeing an ophthalmologist Eye MD not just "an eye doctor". Find an eye MD at www.aao.org or have your family MD refer you. No way to speculate whether it will need to be removed or whether it will regress.

JCH MD