Eye Care Expert Forum
Took a long to take contact out and now I have blurry vision

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Monday I went to the eye doctor and he gave me a new type of contact. I have an astigmatism in my right eye. I didn't like the new type of contact and it took my around 15 mins just to take it out of my eye that night and Tuesday night. I have had slight shadow vision in my right eye and a headache since this all happened. Wednesday I went back and he gave me my normal type of contacts back (soft plastic type) but I still have the slight shadow vision and headache. Does anyone know what could have caused this and when it will go away. I don't think it's my new contacts because these are the ones I'm used to wearing and have never had a problem. Could it be that I Irritated my eye from taking so long to get the old ones out? If so, when will this go away?

Thanks!!!!!
Yes, you defintely could have irriatated or scratched the cornea.  If the problem is not better within a day you should call your eye doctor right away or sooner if there is any pain or loss of vision or discharge.