Toric IOL rotation - correction with LRIs?
Dear all,
I have had Toric Phakic IOLs (Staar Visian TICL) implanted in both of my eyes to correct my hyperopia and astigmatism.
Unfortunately, the lens in my right eye rotated directly after surgery 8 degrees off-axis, leaving me with a residual astigmatism of 1D (the IOL has a 3.75 D cylinder). The surgeon re-rotated the lens one week later but already the next day it was back in its old position (8 degrees off-axis).

Now the surgeon wants to conduct astigmatic keratotomy (I guess Limbal Relaxing Incisions) to correct the residual astigmatism.

I wanted to get a second opinion before I agree to this surgery. In particular, I wonder how accurate LRIs are in this case. Especially given that the axis of my residual refractive astigmatism and the corneal astigmatism are off by ~20 degrees and that the corneal astigmatism only needs to be reduced partially (the toric IOL is still correcting 75% of pre-operative astigmatism)

Thanks you very much!
Go ahead and get a 2nd opinion.

JCH MD