Eye Care Community
Torn conjunctiva

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Torn conjunctiva

Last night I was quickly trying to get ready for a dress rehearsal for a haunted house.
I hadn't worn my contact lenses in a while, but was in a rush. I quickly cleaned my left contact and popped it in (which I can do without a mirror).
I knew right away I should've taken my time beacuse I could see but felt a significant pain in my eye.
I immediately tried to take it out, and noticed that the ridge on one part of the contact had hardened somewhat.

I put a different contact in and was uncomfortable and not seeing great.
When I went home it looked like suddenly the conjunctiva tissue near the bottom of the lens of my eye was overlapping or cracked and I was experiencing pain.
I went to sleep and woke up with a lot of mucus in the middle of the night, and had started rubbing it before I fully woke up.

I've just been trying to let it rest and keep it closed & still, but its near impossible. And I'm worried how long it might take to heal?

Is there anything a doctor can do for me? Will it heal if I wait it out or could a doctor somehow speed the healing process?

Thanks!
Call your contact lens fitting "doctor" and discuss.

JCH MD