Eye Care Community
Treatment for Calcium on the Cornea
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Treatment for Calcium on the Cornea

I saw an opthamologist regarding the treatment for the calcium buildup on the cornea in my left eye. He indicated that the treatment for this would require placing a few drops of acid on the cornea and then surgically removing the burned cornea layer. He said the recovery time would be about a week.

Is this the only treatment available? This eye has already undergone a lot of trauma (iridectomy, retina reattachemnts, etc) and I'm worried about subjecting it to another operation.

Also isn't it likely that the calcium deposits will recurr after the operation, since the cause of the calcium deposits is not being addressed.

This discussion is related to Calcium spots on the eyes.