Treatment for Calcium on the Cornea
I saw an opthamologist regarding the treatment for the calcium buildup on the cornea in my left eye. He indicated that the treatment for this would require placing a few drops of acid on the cornea and then surgically removing the burned cornea layer. He said the recovery time would be about a week.

Is this the only treatment available? This eye has already undergone a lot of trauma (iridectomy, retina reattachemnts, etc) and I'm worried about subjecting it to another operation.

Also isn't it likely that the calcium deposits will recurr after the operation, since the cause of the calcium deposits is not being addressed.

This discussion is related to Calcium spots on the eyes.
Yes,   it is EDTA, a chelating agent and will remove the band keratopathy if not too severe.  It may recur over time.

Dr. O.
Is the EDTA you mentioned in your post an oral supplement or an eye drop? What is the appropriate dosage?  

Thanks,
Bill Malfese