Ultrasound to evaluate glaucoma?
I am 30 and have one aunt with glaucoma (she's at least 50).  I have had vision problems since the 6th grade, so I've always seen an eye doctor annually.  I've had to move around a lot (college, jobs, etc) so there have been many different docs.  Last year, my doctor said the optic nerve in my left eye "looked big" and referred my to another doc for an evaluation for glaucoma.  That doctor did a series of tests and stated that there were no signs of glaucoma but I was likely "born that way".  So, I've moved again and have just visited another doctor.  He, too is concerned that I may glaucoma.  He is requesting the records from the last office but he wants to ULTRASOUND MY EYE.   Now, I'm not worried about the test being painful or anything, what I want to know is how come I can't find any information about using ultrasound to diagnose gluacoma?  I don't want to go through a battery of tests again that will not lead to a definitive answer.  What is the utility of ultrasound in the diagnosis of glaucoma?
The test is neither painful nor does it take long. It give important information on the status of the retina/optic nerve.

JCH MD