Unnecessary retina laser treatment?
The retinal surgeon who examined me recommended laser retinopexy for a tiny flap tear on the periphery.  When I went back for the laser a different guy was there to do the laser (I found out later he was a retinal "fellow" or student).  He told me that he and the surgeon "divide up the patients." He lasered the flap tear but then said he noticed a thin spot and recommended lasering that too.  I said OK and he did it.  (At the time I figured maybe the first guy just missed the thin spot; I didn't realized the second guy was just a student).  So if the surgeon never mentioned the thin spot maybe the laser for that was unnecessary, and the "fellow" was just inexperienced.  Should I be worried or not a big deal.  This happened a few years ago and so far everything seems OK.  

Move on and enjoy life. That sometimes happens when even an experienced surgeon performs the laser surgery.  Often at time of laser surgery enhanced techniques are used to visualize other small holes/tears.  
Thanks!  I hadn't thought of that.
=
Thin spot sounds like lattice degeneration, the presence of lattice puts people at slightly higher risk of RD. Sounds like different practice patterns to me, possible it was missed but not likely.
=