Using Regular Eye Drops With Iol's
Hi: I had cataract surgery about 2 months ago on both eyes...I have the Acrysof Toric lenses...
I finished my prescription eye drops a few weeks ago, so am done with that...
    My question is this...I have always had and occasionally still have "dry eyes" and i was just wondering...
Is it SAFE to use regular store bought eye drops now that i have implanted iol's?
    If it is, should i make sure it is the "Artificial Tears" type of lubricant eye drops?

Thanks...
There's no reason you can't use artificial tears.  In fact my own eye surgeon gave me some samples of Optive.

Most ophthalmologists will tell you it's better to avoid using drops like Vizine, which can cause a "rebound effect' -- the discomfort and redness it's supposed to get rid of -- if used frequently.  However,that's true whether you've had cataract surgery or not.  
-
It's perfectly fine.  I gather you're maybe worried about some effect the drops might have if they got near the implants?  Not to worry:  The part of the eye your implants are in is sealed by a continuous membrane, and nothing can reach the implants or get behind your eye, either.
Hi. I had a IOL implanted on RE (cataract) and I use contact lens on LE. I also have glaucoma, so I must use 2 drops everyday, but my ophthalmologist also recommended a "Artificial Tears",  not much because of contact lens, but more because I work with computers more than 8 hours a day. He said I can use this drop even on RE (the eye with IOL ). I feel nothing anusual. Both eyes are perfect fine.
Thanks for all the excellent feedback on this...I thought it would be ok but just wanted to make sure and i haven't had a chance to talk to the doctor that did my eye surgery...
That is great to hear...That should be helpful when i get the dry eyes or have been working on the computer for a long period...

I also have eye floaters for many years..and they never seem to go away....they are not any better since having my surgeries....wish there was a good treatment or cure for that!

Appreciate the help...
Craig

Unfortunately, at the present time the only effective treatment for floaters is a vitrectomy.  Unless the floaters are really driving you nuts and you just can't function with them, it's usually better to put up with the floaters.  Maybe someday somebody will come up with a magic bullet!
Ask about the use of the yag laser for floaters it is not painful and is fast. Don't know if glaucoma prevents it.
It is safe to use artifical tears now and many doctors have them use them during the healing.  Any drops sold for dryness, lubrication or listed as artificial tear is fine.