Eye Care Expert Forum
'Vaseline Vision'
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

'Vaseline Vision'

On 10/11/2007 I had a ReStor IOL implanted in my left eye for cataract removal. Ever since that day I have had a blurred area in that eye. I have had no problem with the ReStor implanted in my right eye. I have read a paper posted by an opthamologist who has had patients with this problem. He explanted the ReStor and replaced it with a ReZoom lens. Have you ever heard of this combination and what are your thoughts on this problem?
Related Discussions
233488 tn?1310696703
This type of vaseline vision has been reported with multifocal IOLs. Explanting a ReStor and putting in a ReZoom in my opinion is like going from the frying pan to the fire. If you need to exchange the IOL I would recommend either a Crystalens or a Tecnis aspheric monofocal and plan on wearing glasses some/much of the time.

Get a second or even third opnion before you make up your mind.

In the USA find another qualified opinion at www.aao.org

JCH IIIMD
3 Comments
Blank
Thank you for your answer to my inquiry. My surgeon and I have decided that explantation and an aspheric monofocal lens is the best alternative to my problem as I do not want to go thru life with this condition. Wearing glasses is not a problem as I do very fine needlework and use magnification anyway.

My surgery is scheduled for early April and I will post my experiences.
Blank
233488 tn?1310696703
Good luck.
JCH III MD
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now