Eye Care Expert Forum
Veins after Pinguecula surgery
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Veins after Pinguecula surgery

I had pinguecula surgery 4 months ago. How long does it take for the conjuctove tissue to grow back over my eye? Also, one of my eyes had more red veins than it did before and it looks worse. I'm afraid to get the same procedure done again, because of the risk of sclera thinning. Does I-Brite work with Dr. Boxer Walcher? I just feel that my doctor made it sound like my eyes would be white after the procedure and I wasn't aware that veins would grow back. Also, I've seen other people with the exact same sugrery done from the same doctor with no veins? Does that mean he cut a too thick layer out of my conjuctival tissue?
1573381_tn?1296151159
Can't speculate on exactly what happened with your surgery but the veins to sometimes grow back more than before.  I personally am very much against the Ibrite procedure because it could lead to terrible complications down the road.  Also, if you ever get another eye problem and need eye surgery for glaucoma or a retinal problem, having had the conjunctiva removed will interfere.  I would highly advise against it.

HV
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
233488_tn?1310696703
John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
Discover Vision Centers of Kansas City
Kansas City, MO
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker