Eye Care Community
Verticals Double Vision - TBI Disc or iPhkne? Help!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

I have had a serious car accident and afterwards have had intermittent ( daily) epoisides of double vision (verticals). It is triggered mostly when I look at an iPhone. The issue does not go away in a few minutes - it lasts for hours and is inconsistent with each eye. Sometimes one eye is upper double, the other eye lower. One eye sometimes worse tha. The other and lately even triple and quadruple vision like bands of threads when I look at overhead wires.

I have seen an ophthalmologist and my eyes seemed to Test fine - though at the time I was a- symptomatic. Since then I have been tracking the symptoms. I have trouble looking at the moon for long so I am not sure if the vision test was conclusive.

There are differing opinions  as well that is is related to spinal injury with bilateral pressure on my brain stem or due to traumatic brain injury. I look down when on the iPhone so I am trying to stop that to see if it is the physical gesture or the actual viewing. I am wondering of there are any other cases like this and anything you can hell direct me to for diagnosis and treatment.

I am an artist and this is freaking me out as it is getting progressively worse. I spend a lot of time on the computer and devices and not sure how to avoid these in the world we live in if I am to get back to work - let alone even do the tasks associated with discovery of symptoms.

I welcome your opinion!

Thanks!!
You asked this question before and it was answered:

spinal injury is not the cause of this. The most common cause would be a traumatic 4th cranial nerve paralysis or paresis (weakness). I would suggest you see a neuro-ophthalmologist or a Eye MD that does eye muscle problems (strabismus) they are called Pediatric ophthalmologists. If you live in USA you can find one near you at www.geteyesmart.org
JCH MD
.

Thanks for this information. I have seen an eye doctor and will inquire with a Neuro opthomologist. Do you have any links on where I can learn more about this 4th cranial nerve paralysis?

I also do not see where this was answered elsewhere.

Thank you