Very mild optic neuritis
My opthemologist referred me to my GP because he diagnosed my left eye with mild optic nerve swelling.  I have no pain when I move my eye.  I have no vision acuity loss.  I have no color acuity issues.  I do have very mild blindness in the lower left quadrant of my periphrial vision.   It is so mild that I have a difficult time explain what it is like.  Its just enough for me to know something isn't quite right.

My GP wants (and I have scheduled) a brain MRI.  I have read, that whiplash can cause much of what I am describing.  Its obvious to me that the GP wants to rule out MS.  

My question is am I correct in that Whiplash can cause the symptoms I have?

This discussion is related to Very Mild Optic Neuritis - brain lesions.
No whiplash would be a most unlikely cause of that problem.  The list of diseases that might cause it is extensive but MS is one of the more common, it can also be due to systemic disease like hypertension, diabetes, tobacco use.

JCH MD
It is my understanding from speaking with my opthemologist that it can be idiopathic as well. I do not have hypertension, diabetes or smoke or use tobacco products.

I had my MRI and am waiting on the official results.  I saw the MRI (technician let me look at it.) I did not see anything that appeared abnormal... but then, I am not a professional....
Hope it turns out well.  JCH MD
Just got the results....  Findings: There is slight asymmetry of the optic nerve sheath structures.  This is probably related to sight obliquity of the coronal images.

The ventricular and cisternal spaces are within normal limits for age.  No interracial mass or extra-axial fluid collection is seen.  The signal properties of the grey and white matter structures are normal.  No abnormal enhancement is seen.

Impression:  Essentially normal MRI of the brain and orbits.  Slight asymmetry of the optic nerve sheath structures is attributed to the slight obliquity of the coronal plane.
That is wonderful news.
JCH MD