Very very sore swollen eye, really need some help
hello all last night i had some extreme pain in my left eye, i woke up several times in the night and knew my eye wasnt right.   I had to bathe my eye several times in the night also.   When i woke up this morning my eye was stuck together, i bathed it again and got a appt to see my gp / dr...... while waiting for my appt my eye kept filling with white gunge.  I kept bathing it.  It was swollen eye lid and lower eye bag area.  Very red and blood shot, a little itchy but very sore.  Feels somewhat like my eye is tight or the skin around it and my eye keeps watering.   I get a real stinging feeling then it waters then the gunge is all round the inside bottom lid of my eye.  Saw my gp/ dr she didnt even look at my eye just prescribed the drops..... i have started using them.   I have never had conjunctivitis but clearly am being treated for it.  However is it meant to hurt and swell quite so much and make you keep crying?

please help as its really killing me and its distressing
Please see an ophthalmologist if the drops do not help.

Dr. O.
thank you for your reply however i have been back to the drs today as its killing me have been given new eye drops called fucdic acid i just cannot believe it hurts like this and wheeps all day (tears) nothing seems to be helping at all