Vigamox Dosage

I'm being treated for "bacterial Keratitis" on the left eye. I've had the infection for about two weeks. I waited a long time to see a doctor because I don't have insurance and I thought it was pinkey and would heal on it's own. I was wrong. I finally went at cost of $140. I was diagnosed and given vigamox (4 x day) and Tobradex. The doctor insisted I come back the next day to check my pupil after dilated. So, I paid another $140 for that exam. Now, they (it's a medical center where different doctors step in) insist I come back every 2 days to check on the healing. Unfortunately, I can't take off anymore work or pay another $140. The redness, itching and stinging have all decreased in the last 36 hrs since starting treatment. My question is: Can I just follow the general dosage directions for Vigamox (3x/day for 7 days) and TobraDex (2x/day), and, if it's all cleared up and vision is normal, NOT return to the doctor?
Only someone that has examined your eyes can tell you how it should be used.  It's important to know that "bacterial keratitis" is a potentially serious problem that can lead to permanent eye damage. It is not the same as "pink eye" or "conjunctivitis"