Aa
A
A
Close
594345 tn?1219191971
Visine is bad for you??
I use Visine everyday to relieve redness. I also use it because my eyes get very dry. I read that it was bad... why is that??

I also use the eye drops since I have a lot of gunk that gathers up throughout the day. Usually I wait to remove it until it reaches the corner of my eye. It's a little nasty, but I can pull the clear boogerish gunk out and from underneath both of my upper and lower eyelids.. it staying connected to be one long piece that was surrounding my eye.

My eyes feel soo much better once I've cleaned them out and this can happen up to as many 10 times a day.
Is this normal?
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
284078 tn?1282620298
I would prefer you use a nice preservative free (in the eye) artificial tear drop like Genteal Moderate or Thera-Tears.  Save Visine for special occasions like meeting or date when you want eyes to temporarily look more white.  Don't use Visine everyday or you may get some problems getting by without it and could have rebound redness when you stop it.  It really doesn't get to the root cause of the redness (dryness or allergies) but just masks the signs temporarily only to have it come back stronger in a few hours.

MJK MD
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
594345 tn?1219191971
I've actually been feeling like I've become dependent on them.

Thanks for the info! I plan on making a switch a.s.a.p!

Kelly
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources