Visine is bad for you??
I use Visine everyday to relieve redness. I also use it because my eyes get very dry. I read that it was bad... why is that??

I also use the eye drops since I have a lot of gunk that gathers up throughout the day. Usually I wait to remove it until it reaches the corner of my eye. It's a little nasty, but I can pull the clear boogerish gunk out and from underneath both of my upper and lower eyelids.. it staying connected to be one long piece that was surrounding my eye.

My eyes feel soo much better once I've cleaned them out and this can happen up to as many 10 times a day.
Is this normal?
I would prefer you use a nice preservative free (in the eye) artificial tear drop like Genteal Moderate or Thera-Tears.  Save Visine for special occasions like meeting or date when you want eyes to temporarily look more white.  Don't use Visine everyday or you may get some problems getting by without it and could have rebound redness when you stop it.  It really doesn't get to the root cause of the redness (dryness or allergies) but just masks the signs temporarily only to have it come back stronger in a few hours.

MJK MD
I've actually been feeling like I've become dependent on them.

Thanks for the info! I plan on making a switch a.s.a.p!

Kelly