Eye Care Expert Forum
Vision 20/100 corrected

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Vision 20/100 corrected
Doctor,
As I wrote in title my vision acuity is 20/100 ( or 20% ) corrected. But, uncorrected is almost the same. I was told that here, in my country, there's nothing to be done to improve my vision acuity and I wear common glasses. I'm unable to drive. Is there any possibility for improvement of my vision or can I expect it in the future? Also, could you help me somehow ( for example some surgery or some low vision device... )?
Regards.
I have no idea what "your country" is but no matter where you live you would not want your best corrected vision to be 20/100 and not have an explanation for it. Try and get in to a Medical School Department of Ophthalmology.

JCH MD