Vision Disturbance - "pinwheel of lights" in right eye
I'm a 45 year old male. For the last four days I've had a "pinwheel of lights" in my right eye.  It has been occurring off and on and sometimes lasts for hours at a time.  I have not had any major headaches during this time but I have been feeling very tired and fatigued lately so it seems as if the fatigue and this vision disturbance may be related.  I read that some experience the pinwheels of light during migraines (with or without pain) but the vision disturbance in my case has been ongoing for four days.  Any idea what this could be?  Thanks.
It could be something serious: either something in the eye like a vein or artery blockage, torn retina or more likely a TIA (transient ischemic attack) that could indicate serious disease of the heart, brain, eye or blood vessels.  Last would be a protracted migraine equivalent

See your MD and an Eye MD ophthalmologist ASAP

JCH MD
I have had this very same thing on and off for at least 30 years. I finally found a solution about 10 years ago and at least for me, it has been proven to work within 10 minutes every single time I've seen the pinwheels or tunnel vision. I drink at least 12 ounces of water and it goes away. Most of the time it goes away in much less than 10 minutes. I asked my doctor about it and my cure and what I should do. He shrugged his shoulders and said, "So drink lots of water". This thread makes me wonder if drinking water would help some types of migraines?
-
So glad I read this feed.  I used to experience cluster migraines but about 4 years ago, those gave way to visual migraines.  I get them rarely but when I do, it's typically following a workout.  It begins with the visual disturbance and is followed up by a headache. The first time it happened, I also experienced numbness on the right sight of my body, especially in my face and hands which was quite scary!  I didn't mess around with that - I went immediately to my doctor who sent me to the ER where they made sure I was not experiencing a stroke or something else serious.  (It was a rare type of migraine that affected me that day.)  When I experience a visual migraine, typically the visual disturbance subsides after 1-2 hours and in that time, I really can't do much especially if it involves looking downward.  Cooking, for example, is out of the question because I can't see my hands or my knife!  I was experiencing a visual disturbance today and tried this water remedy. It cleared up within ten minutes!  Fantastic!  I do have a headache now but that will subside soon enough after taking naproxen sodium. Thank you so much for sharing this post.  
=