Vision Therapy for Myopic child.
Has anyone tried Vision Therapy to reduce the progression of myopia in a child?  If yes,  are you convinced with the method and its outcomes.  

I have been recommended by my optometrist to try Vision Therapy for my son (-5D in both eyes at the age of 9).  The procedure is expensive and not covered by insurance.  

Thanks.
Many studies have shown that vision therapy doesn't work for myopia reduction.  It would be a total waste of your money and your child's time.
As Jodie said, don't waste your time.

Dr. O.
I was told by my OD it will help when my daughter at age 7 with-2.75 diopters for both eyes. Nonsense! No help and we wasted $3000 in that summer and her diopter increased to -3.25 that summer as OD told her to wear under prescribed glasses! We are doing ortho-k for 2 years and her vision stable so far
I hope its not the same group of ODs. They seem to be sucking you financially dry. Remember outdoor play has been shown to be helpful, maybe even more helpful than ortho K which is often temporary, in slowing myopia

JCH MD