Eye Care Community
Vision Vibration

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Vision Vibration

Well, I'm a 16 year old female teenager, with healthy eyes. I had them scanned a little over a month ago by my optomitrist, when I got a new pair of glasses. My sight isn't the best, but I've got healthy eyes. Anyway, it was late in the evening and I was watching TV, when my head started to hurt a little and my vision vibrated, or tremor, if you will. If I kept my head still it would do that, but if I shook my head it would stop.
It wasn't my eyelid, I'm sure. When I looked around at things, it looked like things were slightly shaking, or vibrating.  
It kind of scared me.
It wasn't violent vibrating, it was just slight. Maybe a mm back and forth, and it didn't really blur anything. I was wearing my glasses at the time, but I'm not sure if that affected the situation in any way.
I also have a job that is kind of visually demanding, so I thought that might be a factor. I work in front of a computer almost all day.
Does anyone have any ideas as to whats wrong with me?    
If it reoccurs you should see an MD ophthalmologist Eye physician. The exam by the optometrist is not adequate if you need to see a MD physician.  Tell your parents.

JCH MD
This has been happening to me for 10 years...in fact it's happening right now, which is why I looked it up.  It mainly happens to me when I'm on the computer (I, too, work long hours on the computer).

Never asked a doctor about it..maybe I will next time I'm in...
The medical condition that would most likely cause this is intermittent nystagmus which can have serious causes, however with a 10 year history of nothing developing its not likely a progressive disease.

JCH MD
Hi I am a 23 year old male and I have recently started experiencing slight vibration of repetative patterns like stripes or racks of books. I've also observed that the vibration disappears if I close one of the eyes. It's only when I see the objects with both eyes that they seem to vibrate. Any idea? Thanks!
I am having problem with my vision after i switched to poly carbonate non anti glare glasses .....now even with out the glasses my visions vibrating ...i even had to take  up  anti rabies vaccine ...which i beleive worsened this but my docs told me its not the cause after scrutinizing my MRI , now i am on neuro tablets as per a senior neuro surgeon , the cause for the same is sme stress realted neuro problem ...kindly please advice........

Regards

Anoop
sorry nothing to add on your case. JCH MD
thanks for replyin anyways........ :(
I also experience vibrating vision, but only when I use a vibrating messager on my scalp. I recently used a jack hammer, and just could not continue with its use because of the tremendous vibrations in my vision. If I dont cause the head to experience any form of vibration, I seem to be fine, so I guess theres nothing to really be concerned about.

Rohen
Youre an *** Rohen.

I also have the vibrating vision at times, which is why i decided to look it up... JCH MD; thanks for the tip on nystagmus, i'll have to look into it. it doesnt bug me at all its just wierd and i decided to finally look it up..

I dont do drugs or drink alcohol or anything, my metabolism is pretty fast though so i'm wondering if maybe my body isnt getting all of the vitamins and stuff from the food that i eat?

Thanks for your replies JCH!
i sufferered a stress attack panic attack and trauma  after dislocating my shoulder...
THIS HERE IS A NERV ISSUE  
its gotto be!
anxiety stresss for sure  
the bad thing is my eye  feels like its gonna pop out cause of a presure behind it
i get stiffness in my shoulders back and hand
man all of this from just doing the fricking  washing  
i tryed doing a good thing for my parents and this crap happans
any1 here can help me out ?
I have recently started to suffer from this. Its going on for several months now its a bit disconcerting.

It only happens under the following circumstances:
looking at  busy patterns on carpets/curtains etc...
in the supermarket when there are fluorescent lights on lots of shelves
have problems with white horizontal blinds with natural sunlight
I went to opthalmologist, optometerists and PCP
I was told that my eyes are healthy.
Optomotersist mentioned it could be some kind of very slight eye teaming problem. She used the term "Eye dominance"

It goes away when I look through either eye.

It does not happen in normal everyday activities only the conditions I mention above. ITs only very slight but its there.

I am stumped.