Vision after Scleral Buckle
I am in need of information. I had scleral buckle on right eye 7 days ago. Prior to this procedure I had 20/40 or vision in that eye. Will my vision gradually return. It seems like I am looking through haze. I understand I may be more nearsighted. Any info from others who have gone through this would be appreciated.
There are many posts and discussions about RD surgery and scleral buckles. You can access them with the search feature and archives.  No one, not even your surgeon, can tell you exactly how much of your vision will return. These surgeries are all unique and the best source of how you are healing is your surgeon and only your surgeon.

JCH MD
Wendy you are asking the same question again and again. The answers won't change, re-read my answer above. That's really all that can be said. If you want to learn how other people do use the search feature and archives.
JCH MD
I am sorry. I did not feel I was getting answers. My surgeon is not giving me any.
=
I am not trying to offend anyone. Dr O mentioned that a scleral buckle may have been a radical approach. The surgeon wants do the same procedure on the left eye. I am terrified I could become a disabled person. And it's scary because my left eye is 20/30 right now and I have no symptoms. I will just have wait and see what the vision is like after a few weeks and if it is able to be corrected.

Wendy
-
aps
Buckle is brutal surgery and I am 14 weeks post op and still miserable.
=
Agreed. It is a bad surgery. At 11 days post op I am almost pain free and the redness is slowly getting better. Vision is still awful. How is your vision?
How is your vision
=