Eye Care Community
Vision clarity after silicon oil removal surgery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

I had a retina detachment and I underwent vitreo retinal silicon oil surgery in my left eye on 18th Sept'12. In Nov last week my doctor realized that the oil inside my eye had emulsified, so he decided to perform the oil removal surgery on 7th Dec (not even 3 months) . During this surgery, oil was replaced by a gas bubble and the bubble gradually went away in 7 weeks. But still I havent gained the vision clarity...I have been asking my doctor regarding the same and he says taht the vision will become clearer..but still no success ! IT feels as if I am using glasses of lower power. really dont know what to do !! The doctor shall be performing cataract surgery in the operated eye some time in Mar'13. I hope this surgery brings back my vision clarity !! Does anyone of you have a similar experience ?  
Tags: retina detachment, removal of silicon oil, silicon oil, vision clarity, vitreoretinal surgery, cataract
Use the search feature and archives and read about retinal detachment surgery and silicon oil in the eye. it will be very informative.

JCH MD