Eye Care Community
Vision correction after cataract surgery.
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Vision correction after cataract surgery.

I recently had cataract surgery on one eye, and the IOL isn't providing vision as sharp as I would have liked to have obtained.  My surgeon says that it's possible to correct this through a laser procedure.  Has anyone gone through this situation, and could you relate your results if you had further correction.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
711220_tn?1251894727
I would like more details on the type of IOL (you had asked about Crystalens before), how long ago was surgery, and what is your current refraction.  

Is this a laser for PC haze or for a refractive error?

Dr. O.
Blank
Thanks for your response Dr. Oyakawa.  After reading so many problematic comments from folks that had the Crystalens IOL implanted, I opted for a monovision IOL, which was a Staar AQ2010V lens having a diopter of +8.0.  I had surgery on 2/28/11, and at my 2 week follow up on 3/8/11 was informed that I have 20/30 vision in my corrected eye.  The Dr. suggested more time for recovery, and that lasik would be a less desirable method of correction than glasses or contacts.  I had originally asked about lasik for refractive error.  I'm not unhappy with the results, as the cataract had gotten to be a real distraction.  But I do like the crisp distance vision I've always gotten with gas permeable contacts.  Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Blank
my vision is not as sharp as I would like, and I find myself always wearing glasses now in order to not struggle to see sharply.  What does the laser procedure consist of to correct astigmatism and remaining spherical error?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...