Eye Care Community
Vision problem in left eye

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Vision problem in left eye

I have been having problems seeing clearly in my left eye for the past week.  It seemed minor at first, but has gotten much worse in the past few days.  I am anxiously waiting to get into retinal specialist, but with the holiday, they have all been closed.

I have always had tons of floaters, and I was diagnosed with lattice degeneration ten years ago.  I cannot say if I have more floaters, cause I always had so many, but what I am dealing with now seems like my left eye cannot focus and the sensation that there is not enough light getting in there.  I also had some bad pain in the back of both eyes.  Its making me sick to my stomach to try to read or look at the screen as I type.

I went to a optometrist yesterday to see if I had an emergency situation going on.  The Dr. told me that he didn't see anything out of the ordinary. He was able to get 20 20 vision with correction by the computer and the lenses.  He did not dilate my eye, but he looked in them with his machine and did not see anything that needed emergency care.  The glaucoma test was 21, higher than it should be, but again, not emergency he said.

I plan to see an ophthalmologist as soon as tomorrow (Monday), but I was wondering if you could offer any suggestions as to what might be happening.  I was told to look for signs of a retinal detachment years ago, with the curtain effect.  I am not experiencing that.  Mostly just the really lousy focusing problem.

Thank you!

My only suggestion see the ophthalmologist on Monday
JCH MD
I went to the eye doctor.  They could see no tears in the retina.  Nothing seemed to be of any concern.  They could see the lattice and the floaters.

But here is the weird thing.  I drank a bottle of ginger ale, and the blurriness went away for two days.  Its back again, although not as bad.  But I wondered if you could comment on this finding?

Thank you
Sounds like time for another giner ale.

JCHMD