Vision problems followed by headache
I have a problem that has occurred various time but yesterday started up again and it has me a little worried. I started seeing little blurry areas in my vision and it got to where I couldn't focus in on something, for example trying to read a paper.  Also, I usually lose my peripheral vision while this is happening. After it goes away, it is followed by a severe headache.

This has happened in the past but it always seemed to happen after I would drink Diet Mt. Dew. I know that sounds a little weird but that seemed to be what triggered it so I quit drinking it and it would quit. If I drank it again for 2-3 days in a row, it would happen again.

Yesterday, it started and I haven't drunk any Diet Mt. Dew in quite a while. This morning it did it again and my head is splitting. Any ideas what could be causing this?
The list is long: some serious such as disease of heart, brain, blood vessels, most common cause migraine varient. You need to see an Eye MD ophthalmologist (find one near you at www.aao.org) and a internist/GP for a complete medical exam.

JCH MD