Vision problems; glare, light sensitivity
I'm 22 and was an avid contact lens wearer for years after switching to daiiies for two weeks on holiday I started developing eye pain. I went to an opthamologist who stated my eyes were healthy. When coming back of holiday I gave my contacts a rest for a couple of weeks then used them for two days. From then I developed glare, I have starbursts around lights and streaks/lines of light coming from lights. Daytime is unbearable for me when the suns out due to this issue and me getting reflected glare a hell of a lot more. I have seen many opthamologist since had an oct scan that came back normal. However was diagnoised With MGD and dry eye(having to use 12 drops a day). My floaters have also become a lot bigger however I've been told my eyes are perfectly normal. I'm worried as I've never had any issue before and it's unbearable wondering if there is permanent damage and if I will have to live like this for the rest of my life or if it's the beginning of an autoimmune diseases?
If you have dry eyes and Meibommian Gland Disease (MGD) you do not have normal eyes. I hope you have discontinued wearing contact lens as it will cause all sorts of problems.  Dry eyes, especially in women, are not unusual at your age and a common reason for women to have to stop wearing contact lens.   It is not likely the beginning of an autoimmune disease.  I suggest you see an Eye MD ophthalmologist that specializes in cornea/refractive/external disease and discuss your concerns and ask about restasis or Xiidra.   Use the search feature and read the many posts about dry eyes and floaters.
So could these symptons be down to MGD Soley? Or what does it sound more like I am aware you can't give specifics I'm just really worried that it's something sinister and if it's fixable or not?
Are you still trying to wear contact lens? Dry eyes and MGD usually exist together and yes they could cause the symptoms you've described
=
I've stopped wearing contacts completely and have not being wearing them for two months. so it's likely to be that and nothing else?
Okay that eliminates contacts. Its not possible to give you the certainty you seek from your description and without being able to examine the eyes. If you are still concerned you can get a another opinion from a different eye MD ophthalmologist. I would seek one that specializes in cornea and refractive eye surgery.
Thank you for your response!
you are welcome
Sorry, just have one last question. If any permanent  damage was done because of dry eye and mgd to my eyes that would have definately be noticed through the opthamologist and optometrist visits right?
yes permanent damage like cornea scarring should have been easily visible to the ophthalmologists and optometrists that examined your eyes.