Visual Field Test
During my long bout of post-operative CME, I've had short periods of time with steroid-induced IOP in the mid-30s. Related to this, I had the visual field test bilaterally. The CME eye (left) had a normal result thankfully.The right eye shows some temporal loss which the doctor disregarded as artifact. However, I wonder if the PVD-related floater that occupies the middle/temporal area of my visual field in the right when I look straight ahead would create this finding??? While I know it may be of no consequence, I'm just very curious.
Dear Buttercup109,

I would recommend that you recheck the visual field to make sure that is an artifact.  If the floater is located temporally, the visual loss you experience on the visual field should be nasal.

Dr. Feldman

Sandy T. Feldman, M.D., M.S.
ClearView Eye and Laser Medical Center
San Diego, California