Visual Snow, and worried about brain tumors
It started a couple months ago I kept getting numerous floaters that just wouldnt go away the I started getting pixelated vision (kind of like looking at the world through a tv screen) then sparkles in the dark or eyes closed, and now I have started seeing what looks like like fly zooming everywhere when I look at the sky. I kept getting headaches before and yesterday I had this weird muscle twitch where my shoulder just jerked up and it ws quite painful (this may have nothing to do with my problem).

Well I was looking around the internet after having two opticions tel me that my eys were perfect and came across Visual Snow it fitted what I was getting exactly and that put my mind at rest. Well until I read that visual snow could be a sign of brain tumors and now Im really panicking because I have a few of the symptoms of brain tumors and Im only 14.

I am really scared but my parents arent taking my seriously they keep saying the opticians said you were fine, I really want to get an MRI scan to check for brain tumor.

Do you think I could have it? Using the symptoms I described?
See a neuro-ophthalmologist. Find one  at www.aao.org   Use the search feature and read the many postings about visual snow. I don't comment much on visual snow because frankly I have not had patients complain of it nor is there much research on the subject.

JCH III MD
Hello Hulabana, to participate in a survey addressing visual snow and other persistent perception problems please contact ***@****. He is a neurologist and psychiatrist making a study in the topic. He will send you a survey that may help in finding out more about the possible causes in your case (BTW tumours are really rare as a cause of persistent visual snow, other diagnoses are much more frequent) so that you can take these informations with you with your next visit to a doctor at your place.
Dang, I didn't realize I couldn't post an email address. If you do google "Those With Visual Snow, you should be able to find the forums dedicated to this, as well as the survey.
-