Eye Care Expert Forum
Visual snow

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Visual snow
Hi Doctor,

I posted my query a few months bak on this forum regarding Visual snow. I have been experiencing similar symptoms as that of visual snow from years. I am in early twenties. I was adviced that time to be watchful as I have gone thru retinal check ups and that was normal. I was also advised to view information available on Internet regarding visual snow.

Today while going thru http://www.thevisioncommunity.com, I found visual snow categorized under optic nerve and visual cortex. On searching more it seems that there was a guy  (not a doctor) on a public forum who believed it (visual snow) to be because of optic nerve problem.

Being a doctor, Pls confirm from ur end. That will be highly grateful and pls do advice treatment.

Regards.
This is answered above. Visual snow is not a big clinic problem. It rarely is mentioned in the medical journals there is no treatment that I am aware of.

JCH III MD