Eye Care Community
Vitrectomy-Macular Pucker
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Vitrectomy-Macular Pucker

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge in regards to Bromday eye drops post Vitrectomy/ERM peel surgery?
Is 60 days of drops post surgery too long ?  That is the surgeons "boiler-plate" recommendations, but I read all the warnings on the drops say 14 days max.  =Big difference.

Standard advice might be to "follow the doctors orders", but unfortunately, as we all know, one Doctor's advice may or may not be good advice.

Anyone else have this prescribed for 60 days ?  
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
Bromday is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory that in some instances is used for months even years. THe labeling is a FDA requirement. My opinion is the FDA works against patients and physicians in the USA. Stiffles and slows introduction of new life and sight saving drugs. For the makes to say on the label may be used for longer than 14 days might require 50 million dollars of testing.   Do what your physician tells you to do.

JCH MD
Blank
I used a similar eye drop for much longer than 60 days following my second ERM surgery, with no negative consequences.  (Following my first ERM surgery I had such severe inflammation from misplaced sutures that I used a much stronger drop for several months.)  Your ERM (and to a lesser degree the surgery to remove it) caused a lot of inflammation inside your eye, which reduces your acuity and contrast sensitivity.  The purpose of the drops is to eliminate the inflammation before it becomes chronic.  Potential problems resulting from the drops would presumably be detected during your periodic appointments with your retinal surgeon.
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
=
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity