Vitrectomy with Oil bubble
I am 4 months into recovering from a vitrectomy due to multiple retinal tears and my vision is still pretty terrible. On my last visit a month or so ago I was told I would be sent to an optometrist to help live with my oil bubble when I go in next week. I know I have some lingering swelling of the interior retina due to fluid in the inner eye just prior to surgery however on the measuring machine I can read 20/40 oil bubble and all and keep being told I am doing well overall. It is all very confusing. Is there anyone out there with similar experiences.

This discussion is related to vitrectomy recovery.
Your worries and concerns are almost universal with this type of surgery.  To locate the many informative use the search feature on the upper right part of this page. you can also scroll through posts over the last 2-3 weeks as this question has been asked recently also.  JCH MD
NOTE: USE THE SEARCH FEATURE ABOVE THE MIDDLE COLUMN WHICH JUST SEARCHES EYE FORUMS