Eye Care Community
Wavy lines auras and persistence after episode
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Wavy lines auras and persistence after episode

Hi, I am a 23 year old female. I exercise 6 times a week vigourously. Middle of June I came from from long day at work, and had about 5 heavy grocery bags in my hand and was carrying them inside. I suddenly felt light headed, dizzy, heart beating, sweating, felt like I was going to pass out. I stood in front of the ac and drank gatorade and felt better. However, within about 5 minutes or so in my right eye out of peripheral I started noticing wavy lines, like looking through cracked glass or water. I freaked, called the eye doctor who said it sounded like an occular migraine and took advil. It went away after about an hour, but then I had a terrible headache and felt dizzy.  A week later in the morning about an hour after exercising I noticed the wavy line again in my right eye peripheral vision.  I took advil and it went away after about a half hour, slight headache/dizziness followed.  I was fine for all of July. Then this past weekend, August 9th, in the morning about a half hour after working out I noticed the wavy lines again i my right eye peripheral vision. I took advil, went away after about 20 minutes and very slight headache followed. However, since then my right eye feels wierd. i can't really describe it, except it doesn't seem as clear as my left and kind of feels like perihperal vision in right eye is foggy. At times I also think I see the "visual snow" that people make reference to. Been to opthmalogist who said eyes look fine. I do have contacts and astigmatism in right eye.  Does this sound like a typical occular migraine with aura? If so, why would I all of a sudden be getting them? Could they be triggered by exercise? Why do you think my right eye still feels "off?" Thanks

This discussion is related to Aura in peripheral vision after exercise.