Eye Care Expert Forum
Weeping Eye

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Weeping Eye
My left eye has been weeping a bit for a few months now.  I wear spectacles for reading and close work. I am 79 years of age.  I have recently seen an optometrist and had my spectacles upgraded. My eye test was satisfactory, but have some minor cataracts (I can't remember if they were in my left eye, sorry!)  The optometrist sais they were not a problem as yet.
Apparently your optometrist feels the weeping is not a problem. See a physician Eye MD ophthalmologist for a real medical examination and to determine the cause of the watering and tearing.

JCH III MD