Eye Care Community
What are my chances of developing post traumatic Glaucoma?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Hello, about 2 and a half months ago I suffered from blunt trauma directly to my eye after an aggression, resulting in a Hyphema, iridodyalisis, damage to my iris sphincter muscle (now I have Traumatic Mydriasis, which reacts to light but cannot constrict properly), hypermetropie...and an irido-corneal angle injury. My retina is fine, my eye pressure is normal right now and I didnt have cristallin luxation.. I'm 23 years old and I am a very healthy person wich practices regular exercise, doesnt drink nor smoke, eats healthy, etc. What are the odds of developing glaucoma? and is it treatable, I've read this type of glaucoma doesn't respond very well to the medication...I'm sad because I take care of myself and I was just a victim of an agression and now I have to worry about this, and the Mydriasis bothers me alot....thank you very much.
The numbers varies and depends on the amount of trauma.  It usually does not occur for many years.   Yearly eye exams by an EyeMD is important.

Dr. O.