Eye Care Expert Forum
What can cause purple spots that flash in eyes? numerous times every da...
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

What can cause purple spots that flash in eyes? numerous times every day

I have seen opthomoligts, retina doctors and now a neuorlogist, I had every test is normal. They can't explain reasoning for seeing this EVERYDAY, purple spotss, that flash and appear in one eye or the other, tyhen fade in a few seconds or minutes, I had test for seizures, everything, I read here it can be entoptic phenomenon? Is this possible, what is CAUSE AND SIGNIFICANCE OF PURPLE SPOTS IN EYES???
Related Discussions
1083894_tn?1256328224
There would appear to be no significance.  That is, you have been repeatedly evaluated and nothing "wrong" has been detected.  The most common cause of transient colored spots or swirls is migraine.  You can never "prove" a patient is having a migraine, it is often simply the diagnosis that is left when everything else has been eliminated.

It sounds to me like at this point you should be working on 1) ignoring the spots, 2) changing  your lifestyle to decrease stress and reduce other factors that can trigger migraines (lots of web info about this) and 3) getting on with your life.
2 Comments
Blank
I can't thank you enough doctor. My neuro mentioned aura/migraine, but then told me it wouldn't manifest this way on a daily basis...
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
233488_tn?1310696703
John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
Discover Vision Centers of Kansas City
Kansas City, MO
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now