What causes Black out Vision,Fluttering Eyes, and Tunnel Vision?
I was suffering from major headaches, saw a doctor, they prescribed Tylenol w/codeine (migraines) and Maxalt.  During the episdoes for past 3 weeks and until now it has affected my eyes.  Migraines are gone.  When I awake, my eyes go totally black, cannot see, takes a few seconds to focus.  Then for rest day, I have moments when my vision goes completely tunnel, and becomes very foggy, stays like this for about 30 seconds to a minute, this is happening several times a day.  At times I cannot bend down, for my eyes will go totally black. Also have moments that I have black spots in center of my eyes, along with strings of black/red spots, or have complete blindness in half the eye. This is becoming a problem, I have to drive, work and take care of my family.  I had lasik eye surgery about 11 years ago.  I am obese, do not have diabetic problems, been tested.  Did have Suto-tumor in 1993, which surgery was done, been told by doctors that that problem does not come back.  Can you help me figure this out?  No one has an answer, and I do not see an optometrist till January 9th.
Pseudotumor cerebri can come back. You need to see a neuroophthalmologist and an neurologists very soon. You don't need to see an optometrist. These symptoms can be serious.

JCH MD