Eye Care Community
What causes eye muscles to tighten and eyes go out of focus?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Since June 2010 I have had problems with double vision, blurred vision and seeing as if looking through a bubble. I have been to my Opthamologist who says it is neurologic and that my vision is 20/20 with my glasses on.

Many things can set it off such as Fluorescent lights, blinking red light, bending over and bright sunlight, bending over, getting mad. Or nothing at all.

I don't have high blood pressure, my blood pressure runs 110/70 constantly. I do have Undifferentiated Connective tissue disease and Raynauds and Livedo Reticularis, Hypoglycemia and Mitral vale prolapse.

I am on Methyl/Prednisone 4mg, Mobic 7.5mg, Estradiol 1 mg, Vitamin D 1000 IU, B-12 Injections monthly.

Recently I awoke at 1 a.m. with right eye pain and then a mild right sided headache which i have only had twice before and lasted 29 hours after which I had my first bout of Nystagmus where my eyes were going back and forth really fast.There was no nausea or dizziness. These headaches are mild and just annoying, not really that painful.

Since that last headache my eyes have been messing up even more along with having more ocular migraines without headaches. It happens regurly everyday throughout the day. I wear dark sunglasses and that doesn't even stop it. It also happens at night.

Migraines don't describe what i have going on because there is no sensitivity to light, nausea or dizziness.

Last MRI was done in June of 2010 and was normal.

I have an appt with a new neurologist on the 24th.
You should see a neuro-ophthalmologist rather than a neurologist.

Dr. O.
I have been to a Neuro Opthamologist twice already and have been told that unless the symptoms are continuous they can't check for anything. Bloodwork for DNA Antibody Myasthenia Gravis test came back negative. My EEG came back abnormal as focal other of left and right temporal lobe and was put on Depakote and it worked for a week and then I had side effects and had to be taken off of it, Neurologist decided not to try anything else.

Opthamologist and neuro Opthamologist still think I have Myasthenia Gravis and Sjogrens.

And I have started having more problems and my Neuro won't even try to figure it out, that is why i am seeing a new Neuro on the 11th.