Eye Care Expert Forum
What is central serous chorioretinopathy

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Does anyone know what this is? I was given avastin for my wet AMD and it improved my sight from 20-200 to 20-30
You can find more information on this by simply seaching google.  It occurs most commonly in people in 30's to 50's generally men more common than women.  Causes distortion of vision usually in one eye and most prominantly the central vision causing problems on the amsler grid.  There is a problem with leakage of fluid from the choroid under the retina most prominatly in the macula.  Treatment is usually observation but in select cases laser treatment can be used.  The prognosis is much, much better than macular degeneration.  I could write much more but I don't understand what this has to do with your case.

MJK MD