What is common post vitrectomy?
I am a 37 y/o male and had a trauma to the eye Aug 1, then emergency vitrectomy to repair a detached retina Aug 3. Along with the 4 eye drops I was on, 1 week post surgery I started taking Diamox 2x daily as my pressure was over 40 mm. 3 weeks post op things looked good enough to cut back Diamox to just 1x daily alongwith Combigan and P. Forte 2x daily. 4 weeks post op, Aug 31, things looked well enough to cut back P. Forte to 1x daily, keep Combigan 2x daily, and get rid of Diamox all together. I was feeling so well until 3 days later. I wole up feeling extemely nauseous and felt like my eye was swollen (not sure nausea had anything to do with eye).The on call Dr had me take 1 Diamox that day (Sunday), then do Comigan and Dorzolamide 3x daily. I went back to Dr on Thursday 9/7 (5 weeks post op). Pressure was good and retina still was flat. Dr had me cut back Combigan and Dorzolamide to 2x daily and I'm not due back until September 28.
Now that I am 5 weeks out what should I be experiencing? I have some short term pain in eyebrows, along with some quick pains in back of eye from time to time. I willl also get a pressure like pain at the bridge of my nose. My vision as my last appointment was 20/35 in my eye with glasses. Things do appear to be a yellowish tint, some wavy lines, and hard to handle both the bright sunlight and dark...do I have a cataract possibly already? Sometimes, usually later in the day my eye feels swollen, even though it doesn't appear to be at all. I'm wondering if a lot of my issues are the eyes trying to work together?

Thanks for any thoughts!
It is not possible to generalize about retina surgery especially after trauma. They are all very different so I cannot generalize. Vision of 20/35 is excellent though. Yes you would have a traumatic cataract started, you appear to have traumatic glaucoma also plus traumatic retinal detachment. Only your surgeon who can actually visualize your eye can answer your questions.  Why don't you call their office tomorrow and ask them.  We get calls every day from people asking questions like that and we don't go home until all the call-backs have been answered.
Thank uou! Last week at my 5 week appointment the surgeon said the lense looked clear and the retina looked good and flat. If I had a cataract started would he have seen it while my eye was dialated and he was in there looking around? Thank you!
Yes he would have seen it. For such a severe injury I hope you continue to do well.