Eye Care Expert Forum
What is this dark spot on the iris part of my eye???

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

There is this dark spot on the iris part of my eye.  My eye color is brown so the spot is a little darker than my eye color.  I'm not sure what this is.  Would anybody have a clue of what is going on with my eye? Any help would be appreciated.  Thankssss.
I haven't looked at your photos, but this sounds like an iris freckle.  If it has been there for years and isn't changing, it is likely a freckle.  If you are absolutely positive that it is something new, you should be examined by an Eye MD.  Find one near you at www.aao.org.
I would post a picture if I knew how to.
You can look at the picture by clicking on my profile.  It'll be under pictures.