Eye Care Expert Forum
What is wrong with my eye?
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

What is wrong with my eye?

I am having this for last 3 weeks. My eyes go red after sitting long hours on my pc(i need to work 8 hours a day on pc for programming). After that i have irritation and slight headache. If i don't sit on pc or tv or any other screen, redness reduces. after good sleep it reduces. but after working for a while on pc, it goes red again.

I went to an eye doctor and he said i have dry eyes. he gave me two eye drops :
1. Allergen Acular LS (Ketorolac tromethamine ophthalmic solution 4%)
2. Novartis GenTeal Lubricant eye Drops (hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (hypromellose) ophthalmic solution USP)

He said take these two drops 3 times a day and come after 3 weeks.

these eye drops have reduced redness a bit but my eyes go red again if i sit on pc for long time.

these are a few pics of my eyes after working 4-5 hours on pc
https://picasaweb.google.com/101110427991255523133/Eye?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCOaRm-OC5_2UCQ&feat=directlink

Pls see if you can tell what to do?
Thank you in advance :-)
2078052_tn?1331936700
Eye irritation and redness after prolonged near work are usually due to infrequent blinking and subsequent tear evaporation.  Take breaks often, where you close your eyes for a few seconds or look away from your screen.  Be sure you are wearing the proper prescription eye wear (if needed), lower your computer screen below eye level, so your upper lid covers more of the cornea to decrease tear evaporation, and use artificial tear drops (Refresh, Systane, Optive, or Blink).  Eat a healthy diet with fruits, vegetables, nuts and grains, and avoid fats and proceeded foods.  Be sure to drink 8 glasses of water a day, and consider a fish oil (omega 3) supplement along with your multivitamin.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
233488_tn?1310696703
John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
Discover Vision Centers of Kansas City
Kansas City, MO
2078052_tn?1331936700
Doreen Fazio, M.D.Blank
Amerisight Institute and Valley Eye Center
Van Nuys, CA
MedHelp Health Answers