Eye Care Community
What to do lattice degeneration with holes and have floters and flashes...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

What to do lattice degeneration with holes and have floters and flashes

Hi doc,
I am 30 year old and have -.50(very less) in both eye.
Six month ago i had gone to eye hospital for regular check up ,there doctor told me that i have  lattice degeneration with hole in both eyes and advice me to come for regular check up in six month.After two month i was seeing floaters i had visited doctor again and she told me nothing when i told her about floaters just told me to come in six month.Now from previous one month i am seeing in sky many tiny flash light and when i am coming from dark area to light area and  closing  my eye (blinking) some flashes(like camera flashes or lighting) seeing. So again i visited just 6 days before and she told me that hole are same not increases but given me advice to take barrage laser.Now i am thinking what to do . Either go thorough treatment(actually i do not want to go through laser treatment i am afraid of complication in eye after treatment  ) or just watch for seeing some curtain and large black spot in front of eye.I am little bit confuse about when i came to know i have retinal detachment and i have to go to hospital immediately  .Please give me some suggestion.
lattice are thin areas of the retina found in the periphery and more common in myopes (I have lattice in both eyes, never treated with laser). Sometimes holes develop in lattice. If no sign of traction from vitreous usually not require treatment. If lattice is superior expecially superior outside more likely to need treatment. Lattice does not cause flashes or floaters, traction on lattice by the vitreous does. there is a great deal of disagreement among retina eye MDs aboout who needs RX. If possible get a second opinion from another eye MD that specializes in retina disease.
JCH MD
Hi John,

Thanks for your advice.
I do not want to go for barrage laser treatment so can you please tell me when i will come to know i have retinal detachment and now immediately i have to go to hospital.And after how much time  i will get detachment.

No I cannot tell you that and that is why you should consider a second opinion.
JCH MD