Eye Care Community
What's the best cheap eye drops for red, irritable eyes?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What's the best cheap eye drops for red, irritable eyes?

I'm 27 y/o and work at a computer most of the day. I've never had any eye problems or wore contacts. By the time I get home, my eyes are red and relatively painful.

Do you recommend I get eye drops to help with this problem? Are they safe to use every day? Will I become addicted, and do you think I'll always need them from now on? What's the best cheap solution I can buy?

Last night I tried this: http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/catalog/shop_product_detail.jsp?skuId=694949&productId=694949&WT.mc_id=Shopping_Feed_Products_Google_Free_Listing

They're the CVS knockoff of this: http://www.buy.com/prod/systane-long-lasting-lubricant-eye-drops-0-5-oz/q/sellerid/30485430/loc/67984/215955339.html

Does it matter whether I choose the name brand solution or the imitation?

Thanks!