Eye Care Community
Whats wrong with my baby's pupil?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Whats wrong with my baby's pupil?

My 11 week old daughter has a triangle shaped piece missing out of her left pupil. Her eyes are blue, so there is blue where the missing piece is. Imagine the pupil as a pizza pie, and a slice taken out of it. It's at the very top of the pupil. It's relatively small but still noticeable. She tracks things fine and both eyes move in unison. She has an eye appointment April 18th, but I want to know what's wrong now. I have looked online for 2 days to try to find some answers and can't find anything! It doesn't sound like Coloboma and doesn't look anything like any of the pictures I've seen. Please help!!
Coloboma usually occus inferiorly at 6'oclock.  Now way to tell for sure. The best thing it could be is a tiny adhesion between the lens and the iris creating a tear shaped pupil pointing up in a otherwise healthy eye. That's all i can say and the rest needs an imperson exam by Eye MD

JCH MD