Whats wrong with my eyes?
I'm 22 yrs old and about 6 months was given a prescription for +1.25 /-.75 (astigmatism) in both eyes. I've noticed that when I wear the glasses ALL THE TIME, my vision is improved greatly and I feel no strain in my eyes. I really have no issue seeing things that are close, but I have noticed recently that without the glasses, distant objects are blurry. I've also recently had issues with my ability to focus (accommodate) on distant objects. Am I nearsighted or farsighted? Do I have latent hyperopia? Should I continue to wear my glasses all the time, and should I be worried?

My optometrist was not very detailed when I was given my prescription.
Only the optom that examined you can answer that question. You should have had a refraction test done before and after dilation of the pupil with a drop that relaxes the focus muscle (cycloplegic drop).

Your description is typical of latent hyperopia.  YOU NEED TO ASK THE OPTOM WHAT IS THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF HYPEROPIA YOU HAVE DETERMINED AFTER A CYCLOPLEGIC REFRACTION.

And if the optom is still vauge see an ophthalmologist eye MD.  Find one at www.aao.org

JCH MD